This handsome tile measures 3.5" square by 1/2" thick. It was made by the Flint Faience Company, in Flint, Michigan, which began operating around 1921 through the efforts of a Frenchman named Albert Champion and a Belgian ceramic artist named Carl Bergmans. The company, interestingly, was a subsidiary of the A.C. Spark Plug Company. Champion died in 1928 while in Paris. Eventually, the tile division closed around 1933, but as we all know, the Champion spark plug remains an American success story. The decoration depicts a 'Fleur de Lis' design. It is glazed in a lavender, blue and red combination in a semi-matte finish. This tile is likely marked, but the outline is the only thing noted on the backside, but it is guaranteed to be a vintage Flint Faience Tile Co. from Flint, Michigan. It is in excellent condition, with a small nick on the top edge surface as seen in the photos, with accompanying tiny edge nicks, all shown in the photos. This tile makes a handsome presentation!